Pages

November 18, 2009

KOMODO DRAGONS ARE SO 2001

BRIGHT SIDE

On the bright side I pulled the trigger on a new winter coat, thanks to the encouragement of Liv and the frustrations of the broken zipper on the previous jacket. I'd also like to thank my new way of shopping, which is to find something you like and want to buy, then going home and seeing if you can find it cheaper on the Internet, and then going back if you can't find it on the Internet, which is how the whole ordeal played out. So far, the new garment I'm nicknaming "Rowan Atkinson", has passed the test of keeping me warm, although there are far greater challenges that lie deep in the depths of January.

It kind of made me realize that my old coat wasn't as warm as I thought it was. Not only is it not as warm as the new baby boy, but it's also way heavier, so basically I was walking around with a Chevy Caprice Classic when I could've had a Bee Emm Double ew the whole time. Still though, respect to the old green Sorel, it got me through 4 winters and it only cost $120 from a warehouse sale in northern Mississauga, home of an airport, some Tim Hortons and teens who have bikes but never use them.

EVIL SIDE

On the evil side I had trouble sleeping on Monday, which I can blame mostly on the parade of garbage trucks, ambulances, helicopters, idiots, streetcars and police cruisers that occupied Queen Street between the hours of 1:00 and 6:00 am. Just when a garbage truck would waddle into the distance I'd be like "oh yeah, bedtime" then a helicopter would zoom by followed by three streetcars then more garbage trucks. I'm used to the street noise, but Monday is like the pay per view where you get access to every all-star on the loud civic vehicle roster.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux