Pages

November 11, 2009

WHAT'S THE MOST UNIVERSALLY LOVED FOOD? PROBABLY FIGS MAN

As we all recover from a crazy Tuesday night party here at Beak Week, I'd like to put the festivities aside and just kick a little straight talk.



That movie actually isn't that bad. I bet the story would've unfolded differently had she been a TV host and not a radio host, because I don't think a lot of women would trust a hefty chest-er with platinum blond hair and sausage lips. I'm assuming you know the plot of Straight Talk. It's about Dolly Parton who accidentally gets put on the radio and pretends to be a doctor, when really she's just a southern belle who uses hillbilly philosophies to give advice to wackos. James Woods is her boss and falls in love with her, not for her heaving balloons, but for her kindness and they probably get married in the end, I forget.

The last couple of days the content around here has been a bit scattered and impersonal, but since I don't have anything juicy to tell you about, I'll instead resurrect mildly popular feature, THIS DAY IN LIVEJOURNAL HISTORY.

This one is real special because it's the first ever THIS DAY IN LIVEJOURNAL HISTORY from Nov. 11 2002, where I reflect on an entry from Nov. 11 2001, which I will now reflect upon in 2009. There's so much history and post modernism involved here that I'm pretty sure the space-time continuum is shaking in its big bra.

[11 Nov 2002|08:53pm]

This Day in LiveJournal History

From Nov 11, 2001 -
"I figured out that I have an ingrown toenail, possibly two. Now normally, I'd just ignore this and see what happens only I know this guy named Looper Bunt (name changed for privacy reasons) who got an ingrown toenail and he almost died. Yep, there was something to do with an infection and he got real messed up. Anyone with ingrown toenail experience please give me some advice. I feel like it;ll just go away, but I don't want to die of course."

Well my ingrown toenails are still around. Sorry past Glenn they didn't just go away. But on the bright side I'm not dead. I agree with Jon on how if something is work it sucks. I'm writing an essay on high fidelity which i thought would be easy and fun but it still stinks.

Degrassi and twenty four seven (a british degrassi featuring a character named Beans) are on at 9 so I'm going to do that.

Glenns of the past can take comfort in knowing that the ingrown toenail problem is well under control and has been for several years. The problem was that I bought these awesome Converse shoes from Value Village that were too small for me but I wore them anyway, thus causing the issue. After my doctor told me it was the shoes, I put the health of my feet first and got new kicks, vowing never to wear the cool ones again and convincing myself that they weren't as cool as I thought. Then I was talking to some girl who recognized me from a Weezer concert and she said, "you were that guy with those awesome shoes", proving they weren't just cool, but certified babe magnets. When you're a normal man like me who doesn't possess natural babe magnets, the loss of the shoes was a tough gravy to swallow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome entry. Must remember to clip my toenails tonight.

Duke of Spook said...

Don't clip too short! The key is to cut straight across, and to wear shoes that fit. If you run into trouble soak your feet in hot water with epsom salts and contact your physician.

scott said...

I'm hesitant to take that advice, you're neither a doctor or a chesty southern belle.

Duke of Spook said...

A jock would respond to that with - "But I do have a phd in chesty southern belles" and a nerd would say "i'm a doctor"

scott said...

So you're a doctor? Zing!

Anonymous said...

Dear Author letsgoman.blogspot.com !
Very valuable idea

Blog Directory by Blog Flux