Pages

March 10, 2008

PEACHES AND CREAM AND CHOCOLATE

I finished Twin Peaks and it was SccAArrrrrRRyYYYYyy. I'm glad I made it through the entire series without someone ruining it for me. I couldn't enjoy "The Usual Suspects" because I knew the ending, and I couldn't enjoy "Fight Club" because what I really wanted to watch that day was Wrestlemania V, but my friend's older brother intervened and basically forced us to watch the former instead. You can't enjoy a movie you don't really feel like watching, unless that movie is part of the original Star Wars Trilogy, or is Terminator 2. If I were in Hell and the Devil was messing with me and making me shovel skulls and feces into a big furnace for like 48 hours straight, and he lets me put on T2 while I work, it would feel as if I were in heaven, in spite of the shit and the skulls.

MOVIE THING THAT BOTHERS ME

I finished reading Steve Martin's "Born Standing Up" yesterday and it wasn't really that good. It seemed rushed and incomplete. There's some good anecdotes in the book, but thanks to the Internet, finding a good anecdote these days is as easy as finding complete and succinct homework in a nerd's locker.

So why did I open my "MOVIE THING THAT BOTHERS ME" segment with a thing about a book? Because Steve Martin starred in a movie called "Father of the Bride". What bothers me about Father of the Bride is sort of what bothers me about his book. In the movie, this guy owns a veritable mansion in a beautiful suburb, has a hot wife, a hot daughter, a delightfully mischeivious son AND he runs a shoe company. Yet, he spends the whole movie complaining that his daughter's new in-laws are better than him and that he might be wearing a dark blue tuxedo. His book is kind of like that too. He's one of the most famous comedians in history but spends a lot of time whining that he got too famous. I still like him though. I also like "Father of the Bride" generally speaking. Next week, I'm going to release part 2 of "MOVIE THING THAT BOTHERS ME" where I tear "Ben Hur" a new one!!

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux