Pages

March 4, 2010

I HATE THAT GUY BECAUSE OF HIS BELT AND HIS BELT ONLY

The last few entries in this collection of stories and highlights have been very similar and I didn't even mean to! Back in 2009 I could whip up a blog full of chunks like Justin Bieber whipping his hair around, making the girls scream in frustration that they can't touch him and be his obedient.

But now that the NHL trade deadline is over, summer officially begins and I can remove the ice shackles of winter, freeing my hands and my mind to fully satisfy your need for superior web content worthy of washingtonpost.com.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate music in commercials these days? If I haven't then I'm ashamed, because the anger felt while watching ads while watching TV occupies a large percentage of my bullshit threshold.

I think the problem started when ads started licensing songs from "indie bands", which was mutually beneficial -- the ads got "indie cred" and the bands made some money so they could upgrade their dinners from mustard sandwiches to cheese sandwiches with mustard. But then it seems that the ad companies could cut costs by simply getting composers to write music that kind of sounds like Feist which is where we're at today. There was one camera ad that played around Christmas where this couple was taking pictures of their baby or something that I can't find, but trust me, hearing that song was the equivalent of oh I don't know, seeing your grandma barfing while naked.

There's not much more I need to say about that really, but just look out for it next time you're watching your screen. They just don't make 'em like the old days:




PERSONAL FACTS

HA, this whole thing so far has pretty much been a personal fact, but I didn't give a stick, I run this place. And if I've told you this before just pretend that I haven't.

When I got chicken pox I was so grossed out that I had to take baths with the lights off. Totally scary baths.

I wanted to mention how I almost fainted when it was revealed I might be lactose intolerant but I'm pretty sure you know that already.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux