Pages

March 23, 2010

I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY MOSS IN A LONG, LONG TIME

Here's tonight's opening act:

♫ We are the four Chaz' and welcome to the show ♫
♫ Plug in our tuxedos, see our bow ties glow ♫
♫ We sing you a song, then cook you a roast ♫
♫ Then summon the fifth Chaz, he is but a ghost ♫
♫ He died in a robbery in fall '85 ♫
♫ By stealing the honey from a big old bee hive ♫
♫ He wasn't allergic, he fell off a tree ♫
♫ He climbed the damn thing to escape the damn bees ♫
♫ His wife is a widow and loves to sing jazz ♫
♫ She had surgery and is now the fourth Chaz ♫

I'd like to start tonight's entertainment with an old knock knock joke that I found in my email "Drafts" folder. Should it have stayed a draft?

knock knock
who's there?

The cops
The cops who?
Just the cops

Oh sorry, we just moved here from New A, not used to this kind of thing
is your father home?
no but I'm his eldest son

nice beard
thanks, we get them early in this family


I'm not sure what "New A" means, but I think it's a fine made up name for a place. Heck, a great noun in general!

Now for today's team challenge. Here's another piece I found in the Drafts folder, except this one's unfinished:

What did grampa say to the cat? "I might have missed your t-b

I don't remember this one at all, but I think I was probably going to finish it like this:

What did grampa say to the cat? "I might have missed your t-ball game, but I ate your food, used your toilet box and slept in the linen closet."

Or maybe "t-b" meant tuberculosis? The brain's memory is a wild place man. Today's team challenge is to finish that sentence the best way you can. The winner gets a producer's credit on the next cut from my British psychedelic throwback band, Orange Porridge
.

What do you guys like more? Going into a weekend with a full slate of activities planned, or going into a weekend with nothing at all? I think I prefer the former. Too bad it's not even close to Friday! Speaking of leisure, I went bowling last week at that place near Kipling station and every Wednesday they have 99 cent games, 99 cent hot dogs and 99 cent fries. If you can find a better deal I'd like to hear it and take advantage of it. Good talk guys.

3 comments:

cara said...

solid solid entry. i also agree about it being better to go into the weekend with full plans.

Duke of Spook said...

I'm a very schedule oriented person, so it works for me

Duke of Spook said...

I just noticed that my last couple of poems include bees. What a crazy world!

Blog Directory by Blog Flux