Pages

November 23, 2009

ANYTHING CAN BE 'LOOT'

I spent most the weekend under the blankets eating nibblies and watching cheerleader movies.

Yeah right, that's a twerp's weekend.

In reality I went to Comedy Bar a bunch to see renowned chuckle wolf Todd Barry, who made everyone laugh with jokes. The rest of the time was spent cooking a delicious stew, listening to Purple Rain, touring thrift stores and going to one birthday party with beer. Each activity produced success, as the stew was hearty and hot, the Prince hasn't changed of course, I found a couple of key sports jerseys and a couple of street looks while shopping and the party was fun because it was the kind with friends.

Based on the early Christmas toy commercials, things that glow are still in BIG TIME.

Yo check this guy out for no reason:



When I was a boy I actually liked singing quite a bit, but my dreams were destroyed when I failed to secure a major role in the school's production of Peter Pan. I had another chance the next year with Oliver Twist, and was cast as the police officer who shoots Fagin at the end. The parents didn't like that because I guess children don't know what dying is. Anyway, after I shoot the guy, me and the townspeople crowd around him, Oliver says some British shit and the play ends. The guy who played Fagin would always make farting noises while we were huddled around him and I had trouble containing myself, farts being the funniest noise at the time.

After that I went to a senior public school, got a smooth deep voice and packed my vocals away until they resurfaced with my first band "Jamal Inc." which I think was the actually the dumbest band ever. I wasn't even lead vocalist though.

You don't care about that and neither do I, so let's forget about, go read thestar.com and continue with our days. See you in Calgary for the Grey Cup.

Later!

- Cheeks

3 comments:

Rachael said...

your twerps weekend sounds like my dream weekend.

yeah I used to sing songs too. I wanted to be a rock star...but I get too motion sick to travel and that is the ONLY reason I did not become a rock star...by choice.

Highwaisted said...

i was jiminee cricket in pinochio (i don't know how to spell either of those) i didnt have any singing parts though. actually i did. but i lip synched while some chick sang behind the curtain. i was such a good actress they had to keep me in the role. true story!

Duke of Spook said...

whoa! I can't believe a school supported lip synching

Blog Directory by Blog Flux