Pages

November 30, 2009

SERIOUSLY TERRIBLE

Hey hound dogs, Big Hunk here coming at you live from my parent's house. Why am I here and how do I feel? Our journey begins at 5:00am, Sunday November 29.

As some of you sleuths know, I was to attend a footballs game in Buffalo and the forecast was sports action and fun with friends. Everything went just perfectly, with a great pre-game tailgate, lovely weather and a semi-exciting match between the Bills and the Dolphins. I drank a bunch of beers, ate a bunch of objects, smoked a cigar and generally had a fantastic time.

We left the stadium around 4:30 and kind of got lost until a man in a white van said we could follow him to the Peace Bridge where we were to retreat to our home country of Ontario. I was pretty much asleep in the car at this point, but apparently the Peace Bridge was closed so everyone proceeded to the Lewiston Bridge, and when I say everyone I mean a million cars because I swear to you friend, we were at the border for seven hours.


People were getting out of their cars and peeing all over, and walking up the road to see if they were getting any closer, but it was all futile. The four of us in the car each went crazy a few times and most of us felt like barfing at least once, but we finally made it back to Mississauga at 1:15 am, almost 10 hours after we left and when I got naked to get into my old bed, my clothes smelled like the air freshener from the car.


Photo courtesy of Post Cereals.

So whenever I think back to going to see the Bills in '09, I'll always think of sitting in a car barely moving instead of all the good stuff that happened, and I'll probably laugh. But not yet. I still feel like utter garbojosa so I'm not going to work and instead will fill my body with much needed vitamins, minerals and chocolate milk. Whenever something like this happens to me that's shitty but not really that bad, I think about people in Botswana who eat mud all day to remind myself that things could be worse. But I still whine because I was raised a middle class North American. Until my next non-tragic but still frustrating tale, I've been a guy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw dudes! The Peace Bridge wasn't closed, just the exit off the I190 to the Peace Bridge. There was a sign on the I90 saying "Exit 9 closed. Take Exit 8 for Peace Bridge" I guess you guys didn't notice. I was lucky I did. It wasn't very obvious and it was waaayy early. Like right when you got on the I90.

But yeah, that probably doesn't make you feel better.

I hope Neil didn't kill anyone.

-GP

Duke of Spook said...

aw hell. Stein and I were asleep at that point. Two more sets of eyes and maybe we would've figured it out.

Mo said...

and to think last years game will be remembered as the horrible drive home in that snow/ice/rain storm. at least they won this time!

Duke of Spook said...

Everything up until the drive was utterly fantastic

Blog Directory by Blog Flux