Pages

October 27, 2009

HAVE CONGOS AND BONGOS EVER RUINED A SONG?

On Sunday we went to The Rivoli to see the hilarious Paul F. Tompkins and as we were waiting in line outside there was this guy painting the sidewalk right beside us, which I tried to ignore. But he made it impossible when he asked for a donation. I said I didn't have any change unfortunately, but if I did I'd gladly donate, which was a 100% true statement. He goes "yeah right, just say no, you just lied twice." For a second, I felt compelled to prove to him that I didn't have change so I said something about having keys in my pocket, then he muttered something back and I said "FINE".

He kind of looked like that guy who terrorizes David in Six Feet Under so I wasn't about to escalate the situation, but seriously, who does this guy think he is? It's as if he's an expert in street man/regular man relations and I violated some unwritten rule where every answer should be a simple "yes" or "no". If that's all it took to offend that guy, I wonder what would've happened if he asked for donations and I was like "I'd donate but your painting is a fart with colours and I need to buy nachos later". I could've also burned him on the fact that 50% of what he was wearing (hat and jacket) had something to do with New York city. It reminded me of this white guy who I'd see around university and everything he wore including shoes and backpack featured the Brazilian flag.

I can't make that story sound any funnier than that. Does that mean it shouldn't have made it in here? I don't know man, I don't know, but what this story also tells me is that I'm too nice a lot of the time.

The other day I received a very nice "Thank You" card in the mail for a wedding gift, and my immediate reaction was to thank them for the thank you. If there was ever a situation where a 'thank you' isn't warranted, that's probably the situation.

The other day I was around some friends or something and I thought I heard one of them say "Date Rapeler", like a guy's name. That isn't what they said but I smiled in my head at the thought of a guy named that who is the sleaziest guy ever and he tries to date rape girls but he can never get anywhere because of his name and he refuses to change it.


This isn't exactly how I pictured him, but we all have different brains so your Date Rapeler may look just like this.

Date Rapeler - Hey lady, how are you? Mind if I see your drink for a second?
Lady - Go ahead hot stuff.
Date Rapeler - What's your name? If I were your mom I would've named you Curves because baby you have those and they're making my toes dingle.
Lady - Thanks hunk, the name's Lucy. What's yours? If I were your mom I'd have named you Bronco because that's what I'm naming my son when I have him in three weeks.

Date Rapeler - The name's Date Rapeler candy butt, what's say you and I party nude?
Lady - 'Date Rapeler'? Oh God. Give me my drink back. Did you put something in it?
Date Rapeler - Yeah... yeah I did. Sorry. Enjoy your new baby.
Back to the old drawing board for the Datester. I may be bad at date rape, but I have the best name that no one else has.

It would also be funny if the guy were the smartest, nicest man but he refused to change his name just because it's unique. Poor guy.

3 comments:

Greg Blazina said...

When people ask me for money I straight up say "No". If he wants to paint a street for fun, good for him... I play Hockey for fun, but never ask people watching to spare a few bucks.

Duke of Spook said...

I usually just say no as well, but since I was standing next to the guy for the forseeable future I thought I'd extend some courtesy.

Duke of Spook said...

I usually just say no as well, but since I was standing next to the guy for the forseeable future I thought I'd extend some courtesy.

Blog Directory by Blog Flux