Pages

October 15, 2009

I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE A GUY WITH BIGGER EYES I'M GETTING THAT MAN'S EYES


New comic, inspired by children and their dreams.

A few weeks back, I was checking out the pantry, fridge and other spots where food lives, and I got a craving for some jam. Jam is DEFINITELY underrated - it's pretty much pie filling that you put on things, and is kid tested and mom approved. So anyway, I spread the word around town that I wanted some jam, and next thing you know I got 4 jars!

Jar 1 - PC strawberry - I bought this myself because I didn't think life would conspire to bring me more. It's good quality jam and boasts "50% fruit", which should really be industry standard.

Jar 2 - Harrod's Cherry jam - My dad didn't know I wanted jam, but he brought me some from England and I'm certainly not complaining because I wanted jam and this stuff looks premium.

Jars 3 and 4 - Peach and strawberry homemade courtesy of Liv's grandpa. In my experience homemade jam is generally the best because as much as mass production is the driver of our modern economy, it doesn't have taste buds or old wrinkled hands that make for top notch spreads.

Do you know what's bad about homelessness other than the fact that it's all about people who are in big time trouble? It's the fact that to be a successful panhandler, you have to have experience, which is not enviable and sort of goes against the whole spirit of panhandling, which is to make enough change so you don't have to do it anymore. It's not the type of racket that you want to stick with and get better at because it's the worst job in North America next to the President! WHOA

My line of thinking came from seeing a guy asking cars for change at an intersection today, and I could tell he hadn't been homeless for long because his clothes weren't that bad. Now if I were going to give money to someone, I'm probably going to give it to the person who looks like they're in the worst shape, and not to some guy who just got into a fight with his dad about drinking beer in the house and is street bound until his buddy Chad lets him crash on the chesterfield. I guess it would also help if you're a good actor or have a fresh sign, but pageantry is probably the last thing on the mind of a guy down on his luck.

New Links


If you're on the Internet today swing by my friend Anna's ROMANCE BLOG at http://annamayhenry.blogspot.com/ for great stuff and big things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

searching for Canada Lynx photos. Need one that shows tufts on ears. Yours has really good quality, though!

Blog Directory by Blog Flux