Pages

December 4, 2009

BURCE WILLOW

Right now I'm on a sports road trip to the states of Ohio and Illinois, but I've prepared a brief historical stroll to get you through the toughest of days -- Friday. A day that signals the beginning of a two day stretch without the satisfaction of a hard day's work.

Anyway, I gotta go to bed.
I scanned some documents of my past and here are two of them in case you care at all.


There was this store in Mississauga that sold Asian toys, and their blockbuster item was these realistic guns that shot BB's. For a while there everyone had one, and I know of at least a few teens who got in trouble with the Police Force because they'd run around in public playing fun gun games. The pol-pol must've figured out where they were selling these delightful weapons, and eventually closed the place down, much to the chagrin of its two owners who, according to this clipping, were shocked that they weren't allowed to sell guns. We used to call the man in the background there "Baldy Muttons" because he was bald and had mutton chops.


Here is a document highlighting the progress of my high school band, "The Horsekateers". I think my favourite are the last ones, because they weren't even songs, but just titles or ideas that went nowhere. I especially like "I hate working at Dominion" because at the time 3 out of the 5 of us all worked at for the famous grocer and hated it. If I ever end up making millions on my beach pillow idea, this one piece of paper will be worth more than your daddy made in his whole lifetime. Want it? Yeah right couch potato, it's looked in my vault that's hidden in my amplifier. The code word is "Forrest Gump".

6 comments:

Raymi Lauren said...

titles or ideas that went nowhere - hilar.

Duke of Spook said...

I think of all those ideas only 2 or 3 actually ended up being songs. "Chocolate Dog" and "Scott in a blanket" being the most popular hits

Anonymous said...

every time i talk to jon's old friend who works at my work, she mentions "scott in a blanket".

scott said...

In case anyone's wondering - yes, I still use blankets.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Directory by Blog Flux