Pages

December 30, 2009

LOVING THIS NEW DRINK 'ALCOTAR'

THE YEAR IN PHOTOS

For as long as I can remember I've been using my eyes to view images. This year was no different, and thanks to modern technology and the fact that I'm not a dumb child anymore, I was privileged enough to make my own images for the world to digest and then shit out into their brains. The following is a selection of these images I created for various reasons -- some were made for fun, some for eroticism and some are there just to change the way humans think about everything. My art has the power to do that.


Here's a t-shirt I designed that never got produced. All sales were going to benefit the Dr. Pepper Social Club of Red Deer, Alberta, but they didn't like it because they don't support anything but sort of cherry flavoured pops, but not Mr. Pibb.

I found this archive of old pictures on the Internet and this one really spoke to me on a severely emotional level -- I cried into my toilet for 10 minutes. In order to share it with the world I added some text and tried selling it to the Peel District School Board, but everyone ended up crying into toilets and figured the kids would too, so it's now at the Louvre where its waiting until no once cares about Mona Lisa anymore when it will take her spot.

This is a fake cereal I invented when I realized that there aren't any cereals shaped like noodles.

Here's an alternate banner I made when I was making banners. Ultimately the Lamborghini banner won out, but I still like this one because I find that kid to be really stupid and that cat is utterly beautiful, which really captures my artistic philosophy of "Handsome Idiotic"

I talked about Jon and Kate Plus 8 a lot this year, finding their divorce and fame-whoring irresistible. This image captures their divorce well, with a funny devil jerk representing the dark nature of a family divided.

Back in university I invented a new way to graffiti things, which was to highlight some classics from our past. When I did it here, I added some graffiti I think you might see in the future, a time when mailmen won't exist and Gatorade will make a line of clothes.

One of my favourites of the year, this drawing shows the link between the letter 'B' and Butts and Boobs. As you can see, the letter was tailor made to represent two of the most discussed body parts in the world today. I sold this story to Dan Brown and he flipped his lid.

Todd Van Poppel has a balloon in his pocket

Roberto Alomar doing charity work as usual

This one is pretty typical. In ten years you're going to look at it and say "oh yeah, him. People didn't like him."

Make sure your router is tuned up for the rest of the week when I talk more about 2009, a year that I probably won't ever think of as being the best, but definitely not the worst either, so it's like Ghostbusters 2.

2 comments:

scott said...

'Noods' gets me every time.

Duke of Spook said...

The original utterance of the term is credited to Scott Turner

Blog Directory by Blog Flux