Pages

September 18, 2008

GRANT YOU A BOAT

Sometime this summer I was talking to a friend of mine and he asked what I'd been doing with myself. The answer was "same stuff". When I asked him the same question he went on about all the great places and things he'd been doing. I like doing things but I never seem to get around to doing them. Am I lazy? Yeah, sort of. You know when a new movie comes out and it's described as a "slacker comedy"? I think I'm a slacker. I love slacker comedies and I generally love slacking. I'm pretty sure a lot of this has to do with the "rut" I'm in now. Like many in their mid-twenties, I'm ready to take the next step toward a career but have no idea what the next step will be or where it'll come from. I'm just sort of waiting around for something to happen. I get home from work at 9:15pm and feel like I deserve some time just sitting around, which is what I always end up doing. I guess I am lazy. Are you a doctor? Can you help me with this? Turn me into an active man? Did all that make sense? I just read it and it seemed disjointed. I think the main part is where I go: "Like many in their mid-twenties, I'm ready to take the next step toward a career but have no idea what the next step will be or where it'll come from. I'm just sort of waiting around for something to happen." If you were studying this entry for an upcoming exam that's the passage you should've highlighted probably. Remember in University when you'd look at someone's textbook and 95% of it was highlighted and in your head you're like, "Geez man, come on. Think about what you're doing you idiot. uggggugg gugggoople drphrhot"?

I realize I've been talking about work a lot lately. I'm just getting it off my chest. Bummer jobs make you want to do that so you can feel normal. I wonder what percentage of humans would rate their job as a bummer job? I'd say at least 70%. A lot of people don't even have jobs. It's all bummers for them. Expect those hippy types that travel all their lives and just dig the Earth man. They can eat seeds all day and still be in a good mood as long as the sun is still shining. They dig rain too. They don't care. Clouds? Love 'em. Hurricanes? All natural. Tornados? Helen Hunt. Mad About You? Stupid. Shoes? Wearing them. Holes? Yeah they have holes and they have paint on them from when I rode my bike through paint.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux