Pages

January 11, 2010

COOL RANCH CHEERIOS

No hamburgers on the weekend, but I did revisit two films of my youth for the purposes of nostalgia, entertainment and education, because hey, if we're not learning we're just a pile of bones with natural bio-shirts.

The films in question were Gremlins 2: The New Batch and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, two sequels which I prefer over their more popular and better reviewed predecessors. The same can by said for Caddyshack 2, especially the scene when Dan Ackroyd makes Robert Stack that silly burrito. The only thing I noticed about these tremendous features is that they seem a lot shorter now than they did when I was a smooth chested youngster. I also noticed that the Gremlins don't really care about killing anyone, they just like to party really hard and if we get in their way they'll bite and who can't relate to that? Thankfully these movies held up to my adult expectations and remain in the upper echelons of my international film institute, which resides in the part of my brain that should be reserved for theorems and the drive to succeed in business.

The other highlight of the weekend was going to see our Toronto Maple Leafs thanks to my brother who got me tickets on St. Christmas day. Unfortunately, our team is dog shit and we lost again, but since getting tickets is so rare for me I still had a great time and everyone got home safe and sound, bellies full of peanuts like a wealthy magician's assistant. Speaking of magic, this lady in front of us was wearing an official NHL Don Van Massenhoven referee jersey with added fur for extra elegance:

Don was being honoured at the game for refereeing a buuuunch of games so she must be his tennis partner or something.

My twelve year old self would've really enjoyed this weekend, but like the man me he would've wanted some Cherry Coke too. It really burns my loaf that we can't get that drink anymore because it's definitely my all-time favourite pop. My all-time favourite paup is Bryce Paup.


"You can have it back, I can't eat it."

I'm mildly satisfied with this post but I don't think it's going to catch the eye of U2 frontman, Bono, who I'd really like to work with because he seems like a really great man and he knows his sunglasses better than Ray Ban or Sparky Oakley.

4 comments:

Duke of Spook said...

yeah dude, for sure

Anonymous said...

Hey, Duke, click on sections of the dude's writing for a surprise!

jonathan lin said...

man ... i loved cherry vanilla coke. those were the days

Duke of Spook said...

I had some when I was in Chicago and I fell in love again. I should write a strongly worded letter to the Coca Cola Canada

Blog Directory by Blog Flux