Pages

January 15, 2010

I'VE NEVER MET YOU BUT I KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU DIG HOLES WELL

Yesterday I was in a bad mood because the pressures of life squeezed the sunshine and baby cheeks out of my soul. I think it happens when everything I'm currently doing seems kind of stupid. I'm usually satisfied with at least one thing that I'm working on but some nights when the moon is full and the fridge is empty, I feel I have nothing to be excited about and I turn into a dick head werewolf that's more dick head than wolf. Fortunately it usually doesn't last that long and today I've regained some chi and can start thinking about how to maximize my weekend with an eloquent mix of partying, errands and reasonably priced meals.

Weekends certainly have changed over the course of growing up. When you're a kid the weekend is mostly about cartoons and no school. Friday nights were not even really part of the weekend and Sundays included church and homework so it was Saturday that was, and still is, the King of Days.


Instead of watching cartoons my kids program the software for an iPhone app that points you in the direction of the nearest Mortal Kombat machine.

When you're a teenager you begin to associate weekends with beers because you want to be an adult and because you still want to watch cartoons but don't want to admit it, so you drink beers thinking it'll cover that shit up and maybe if you're lucky you'll experience a hungover like in your favourite movie and skip cartoons altogether.


This poor guy did have sex but he was disappointed because it didn't feel as good as scoring a goal in the big soccer game and he was really looking forward to topping that.

Young adults use weekends to find mates and drink, this time using drinks to make it seem like mating isn't the first thing on everyone's mind, unless you're a Guido from the Shore, in which case you're so honest with your sexual motives that you reduce the opposite sex to mere "creatures".

Will you be our Jew?

When you get to my age the weekend means no work mostly with beers helping you to forget that Mondays always come back. This is unless Earth wins the space lottery and everyone gets six hundred Malrax dollars each, which, believe me, is more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of your life without Mondays. We'd probably resort to the calendar of GenManz 7, the party planet, where every day is Hot Dog Day.

I assume that when you have kids you basically just show them that cartoons are on in the morning and they do the rest.


If you think of it as a baby sandwich latching itself onto human man to drain man's life force, it takes on a new meaning.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux