Pages

January 5, 2010

THE NEW POLL SAYS THAT MONEY IS STILL VERY MUCH IN STYLE

Holy cud, it was a lot easier writing posts without the icy, veiny fingers of the work week stuck up my nose. Add to that a minor cold and sub zero temperatures and I'm a grumpy gord for sure.

But hey, no warts this year!

FILM UPDATE
Where the author reminds you he likes films and tells you about them

Avatar wasn't very good, save for the amazing 3D world that millions of dollars created, but I did see the Fantastic Mr. Fox and it was quite a nice little time at the theatre, except that I brought some cashews with me and they weren't salty enough.

When you're at a movie all you want is salt and chocolate in your mouth with some sugar fizz to wash it all down. I think if theatres and sports fields starting selling things like peanut butter and jam sandwiches, cut up vegetables with a solid dip and maybe some sort of lasagna, us fans would be just as satisfied, but they're not ballsy enough man. Plus, their margins on popcorn sales are criminally high, and they fully take advantage of the fact that we can't get our home corn to taste as good as theirs, which I'm sure they do on purpose. Redenbacher has a home theatre recipe just waiting in the wings in case Hollywood and its megaplexes goes tits-up -- it's kept secret in the third basement of secret compound somewhere on the eastern seaboard that's guarded by bees, rhinos and boring posters meant to snooze you out.

On the home video front, Liv and I rented 1985's Real Genius, which I thought I'd seen before. I must have been thinking about Young Einstein because I didn't remember anything about the damn thing. Despite this, I really enjoyed it, and it fits well into the bucket of 1980s movies that make smart people look cool along with perennial favourites Revenge of the Nerds and Back to School and Indiana Jones.


This scene came from a man's imagination

Thanks to this cold I've contracted I get to enjoy the comforting, hot lemon flavour of NeoCitran, which in English means "New Lemon". This is because NeoCitran remains the most futuristic way to enjoy the yellow zippy tang that only lemons can give you. Each packet of the popular medicine contains the essence of 36 fake lemons that have been synthesized by pharmaceutical giant, Novartis. Talk to your pharmacist today and don't forget to brush your teeth as well, and if you don't you should talk to your dentist too, and if you don't have a dentist talk to your doctor who can recommend one, but don't ask a walk-in doctor because they're just actors who have access to Wikipedia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're on crack. Avatar was awesome. I give it a solid 8.5/10. Not near as good as Aliens, Terminator 1 & 2 or True Lies, but better than Titanic (although I am NOT a Titanic hater) and about on par with The Abyss.
-GP

Duke of Spook said...

I agree fully with that, and trust me, I liked it better than a lot of people. My imdb rating is 7/10.

Blog Directory by Blog Flux