Pages

June 11, 2009

GRASS COMES IN 'BLADES' THAT'S COOL

HISTORY LESSONS

Notice how I've been playing with font colour lately? Some genius might have said at some point, "you think with your eyes and see with your brain", which kind of makes sense, but not really.

Anyway, I just wanted to spruce up the place just as a teen in 1992 would by hanging a Kathy Ireland poster in his garage to inspire him to work out harder on the bench press that his older cousin sold him for five bucks.

Speaking of the 90's, when I was a boy of Grade 7 I got really into heavy metal for some reason, even though I was the definition of a suburban, middle-class wiener. This is the History Lessons thing that the top of this entry is talking about by the way. The first two paragraphs are there for introduction.

So yeah, I was into metal and I loved bands like Metallica, Megadeth and GWAR. Basically the types of bands whose t-shirts you could buy at that cool store "Backstage Pass" or who were praised by Beavis and/or Butthead.

The only reason I brought this up is because I was reading some Megadeth lyrics the other day and they're really dumb. Remember that song "Train of Consquences" from "Youthanasia"? Cool titles. But dumb lyrics. I think the train song is about Dave Mustaine playing poker on some sort of death train and there's murderers all over the place. On the Train of Consquences there ain't no turnin' back. Duh. That's what a consequence is. You can't turn back from a consquence because that's the consequence of a consequence.

Or who can forget the French language classic, "A Tout Le Monde" off the same album? Hearing Dave Mustaine singing "à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime, je dois partir" is good for a few chuckles.

That's all I really wanted to say about that. Oh, and that I remember I had this Nine Inch Nails t-shirt that said "closer to god" on the back and I thought some people would be offended by that. I don't think anyone was.

Tonight I think you should get out your old hockey cards and just take a look.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux