Pages

June 23, 2009

TUESDAY TALK BARN

Opinion Pieces - No pity special

THE GARBAGE GARBAGE STRIKE

Unions are really boiling my stew these days!

I respect city workers because they're serving our city and all, but they're all very replaceable and there are thousands of people out of work right now that would love to be employed. Unions always talk about fair and and not fair, but they don't realize that it's not fair to citizens to be denied important services just because some garbage men are whining about losing their 84 sicks days or whatever. As far as I can tell, the only reason they're striking is because they're pissed that the city wants to take away some of their benefits, which if I'm not incorrect, IS THE PURPOSE OF NEGOTIATIONS - you can't always get what you want.

Enough about that. I'm pretty much reiterating what people all over are saying and I don't have much of an informed opinion other than what I read in the paper, but seriously man, no pity for unions, ESPECIALLY in the current economic climate.

THE PUNCH HEARD AROUND THE INTERNET

When I first heard that Perez Hilton got punched I was like "oh my, that's terrible, that guy couldn't hurt a baby if he tried", and I think the Black Eyed Peas are lame for having gotten on the guy's back for making fun of them when that's just what he does. But then I realized that he was whining big time and it didn't even look like he got hit very hard. He was mad at the cops for not really doing anything and saying they had better crimes to worry about. They do. People get punched outside of night clubs every weekend. No big deal guy - that's just the Entertainment District of you - or as I call it...

Oh yeah! HOMERUN


Jon and Kate plus SEPARATE

Finally after 45 minutes of relationship metaphor and assurances that everything they do is for their kids, Jon and Kate announced they're separating on last night's episode. I don't want to talk too much about it, but the thing that really got me mooin' was that they never ever blame the TV show for any of their problems. I do kind of think they would've divorced anyway because she was a real loon since the beginning, but the show must amplify things by a million. I also hate how Kate always says everything is for her kids when she's turned herself into a sleaze ball celebrity and seems to enjoy every minute of it. The bottom line is that if they really did care about their kids they'd pull the plug on the whole thing. And yes, I did just accuse them of not caring about their kids and I'm allowed because they put themselves out there and when you do that you have to be willing to face scrutiny.



No pity for garbage men, Perez Hilton, the Black Eyed Peas (especially that 'Taboo' character) , Jon and the former Mrs. Gosselin.

1 comment:

cara said...

i was so sad about jon and kate... and also agreed that everything they do is NOT for their kids. they should've QUIT THE SHOW and tried just talking to each other for once. so lame.

Blog Directory by Blog Flux