Pages

December 30, 2008

THERE ISN'T ANYTHING IN THIS CLOSET EXCEPT...OH NO WAIT THERE'S SOME SHOES

Stray film observation #4694

Next time you watch a film and there's a part where someone pins a button or a pin onto someone, take notice of the fact that they always just stick it on. They never put it on like a real button. It's like buttons in movies have adhesive on the back. Ever notice? Two instances come to mind: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when Napolean eats the sundae and they stick the Ziggy Piggy button on and in Rushmore when Max gives Blume his perfect attendance pin. There are several more but my memory can't recall because it's full of new savoury recipes I'm compiling for my new cookbook, "A Beginner's Guide to Ham Hocks".

Page 45 "Tuna Noodle Casserole"

Take some tunes, some noods.

^
|
|
|
I can't take credit for that recipe. Thank my good friend Scott Turner. I can tell you this though: When referring to noodles, always call them "noods" and you're happiness quotient will rise by several decimal points.

The Year in Review will be made public tomorrow. The Phoenix Times-Columnist calls it the most anticipated year in review since a 1994 Major League baseball review by a guy in Tampa. He captured those magic moments better than David Blaine playing Ouija. That didn't make much sense now did it!

My apartment stove is this really old Viking range but MAAANNNN the oven doesn't work really well. A culinary artist needs top notch tools. The broil setting never turns off brother! I guess I should call the landlord. I always feel like I'm whining when I make calls like that. Perhaps the teachings of my father worked (don't whine and don't share needles), but as evidenced by this weblog, I do whine quite a bit. Anywway, I tried to make this roasted vegatable medley sauce last night and I don't think it's that good. Is it the oven's fault? YES. My lack of culinary know-how? MAYBE. Your fault? 'COURSE NOT. You had nothing to do with. it.

Okay, I'm out of here to get some tea and then I'm going to finish reading The Grapes of Wrath. I got to the part in the book where it actually mentions "The Grapes of Wrath" and I was like:

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux