Pages

April 24, 2009

WHAT WAS THE LAST VEGETABLE TO GO EXTINCT?

Someone told me I was too harsh on the Jonas Brothers yesterday. Don't worry, I respect those guys because it seems they know how to play instruments. This may sound trite, but they're basically just Hanson all over again and I didn't really hate those guys except for their hair, the fact that they're brothers and their squeaky clean image. So yeah, same thing.

The weather man has looked into his crystal skull and predicted that weather in the southern Ontario region is going to be dee dee dee dee dee delight fu fu fu fu fu fu ful. This is great news for guys like me who have been complaining about weather since last summer took a shit on our heads and rained every day. I may not be able to enjoy the city though because there's a chance I'll be in another city (Detroit) for game 5 of the Red Wings/Blue Jackets NHL hockey playoff series. But if the Wings win tonight, which is bloody likely, I'll be biking around, eating ice cream and wondering if I should get a freezie after eating ice cream. Here are some activities YOU can try:

1) Have a scavenger hunt that involves fish and chips and finding the best fish and chips.
2) Have a regular scavenger hunt
3) Have a scavenger hunt where you try to take a picture of the weirdest guy you can find and then you all come together and compare and whoever wins gets fish and chips
4) Come up with a new sport like "Lolly Ball" or "Flinger Wars"

If you have any free time in between these activities just go rent a movie and try a new snack that you've never had before.

BOOK REVIEW
The Stand by Stephen King

I'd give this book 7.5 out of 10. The first three quarters or so were really good and I was equal parts scared and excited. But in classic Stephen King fashion, the ending was rubbish, complete with shitty sentimentality, big time let downs, and unanswered questions. I don't know if I can really say "classic" because I've only read a few Stephen King joints and the last one I read was probably like 10 or 15 years ago. I'm mostly basing this on the TV movie of "IT" which is one of the worst things I've ever seen, all topped off with the ending where IT is just a big spider. Anyway, since I didn't feel like I wasted my time reading it, I still give it a thumbs up and think you should give it a try.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux