Pages

July 13, 2009

I BECAME A REFEREE NO PROBLEM - NO HAZING WHATSOEVER

I'm back from a mini summer minor four day southwest of here.

In layman's terms that means I'm back from a vacation in southwestern Ontario. If you read this on Thursday and Friday you already know this and know what I did because those posts were ACCURATE to what transpired.

Did I mention we saw KISS?

So sick...

...but we made a crucial mistake.

Much to the delight of Andy and I but to the chagrin of most of the crowd, the bulk of KISS' set was taken directly from their masterpiece "ALIVE!". For a true fan this a fantastic track listing of non-cheesy hard rocking KISS songs, ones that wouldn't be familiar to a casual rock fan. Their last song was "Rock n Roll All Nite" and were like "they had to play that" and then figured they'd do one encore and that would be it. To avoid the crowd we decided to get going. On our way to the parking lot we heard "Shout It Out Loud" - a reasonable encore song and fitting end. Then they started playing another song and it was "Lick It Up" which pissed off Andy so bad because we never thought they'd play it. Then we heard Gene do his solo and we knew we were missing the best part of the show. By the end we missed "God of Thunder", "Love Gun" and "Detroit Rock City" along with the aforementioned. Terrible move by us. But it was sick nonetheless. Gene sounded good and Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer did great jobs imitating Ace Frehley and Peter Criss respectively.

Back to work after vacation is like eating a good meal then getting the barfs. Or diarrhea.

For lunch today I want tacos, but like, where would I get good ones? There's no good ones around my work.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux