Pages

July 22, 2009

PRINCE GREGOR AND HIS WONDERFUL LIPS


If you need any further proof that band Sugar Ray is the lamest, check out the title of their upcoming offering: "Music for Cougars". I don't even know if teenagers would think that's funny and they laugh at everything from animals having sex to shy, harmless introverts who don't know how to party.

Title Analysis courtesy of Felpoon Laboratories, Moncton, New Brunswick


Strike one is starting with "Music for...", which has been done more times than Christina Aguilera has grasped wieners. Then strikes two, three and a million is using the term "cougar", which is well on its way to entering the joke space occupied by mullets and Austin Powers impressions. Then again, if indeed the music is intended for cougars, I think this is probably a title they'd enjoy. Marketing misstep or total genius? That's the question you should be asking yourself when putting the roast in the oven tonight.

New toppy

The last couple of days I've been working on a new video short by myself and it's been tough going because when you do things solo you don't have anyone telling you if it's no good or not. So I'd like to invite you all over to my house to watch me work and applaud every time I do something you like. When you see something you don't like a classic "boo" will suffice. I can't really think of anything else to say on the topic other than "follow your dreams".

Would you rather French kiss your parent of the same sex for 15 seconds, or watch your best friend kiss your parent of the opposite sex for 15 seconds? This is kind of a tough one.

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux