Pages

July 31, 2009

LASER DISCS AND DART BOARDS - COOL OR NOT COOL?

Yesterday I took a step toward a career path by enrolling in an advertising course at Humber just in time for the fall season. The good thing about wanting to be a copy writer is that I can also work on other writing at the same time, which will give me well rounded stats like Mario in Mario Kart. Big time slaps on the back to Alicia who helped me out and linksed me with an experience copywriter who could've crushed my dreams but didn't, insisting my background of being a garbage man, a pool salesman, a comedian and a proofreader could actually benefit me. Keep your eyes on this place come September because school will give me a lot more to say other than "I'm sick of my job and I'm a bozo" type of stuff.

It's about to be the first weekend in August, which means CIVIC HOLIDAY. I thought I was going away but it looks like I'm not, so it'll be my job to dominate Toronto this weekend the only way I know how - by wandering around and buying food probably. I have my sights set on fish and chips. But if you're the more adventurous type, why not try one of these kid-friendly activities:

The CN Tower "Top of the World" Pig Roast and Euchre tournament - Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5:00 pm

Enjoy a sumptuous feast courtesy of the Milton Historical Preservation society's "Snout Patrol" high atop the nation's most famous big thing. After lunch, stick around as 28 of the world's top euchre players play for keeps and $50 worth of Toronto Argonauts merchandise. Be sure to bring your own tether.

Ontario Association of Vans presents Van Jam '09 in High Park - Sunday only

Join Van Association president and recent grandfather, Geoff Hank Eyeplot as he rings in this year's Van Jam with a ceremonial spark plug gapping. Over 6 vans will be on display and rumour has it that York Liverpuss, owner of a 1989 Chevy Astrovan will be making his famous Peach Sparkle. Admission is $50 for adults and $90 for children over the age of 5. The first six fans will receive a Frisbee from the '07 jam.

The Royal Ontario Museum and Glorfax Illusions - Civic Scares

Visit the ROM on holiday Monday and experience shit-your-pants scares suitable for the whole family. We've invited Glorfax the Scarred, famed illusionist and probable warlock to use the ROM as he pleases. "I will make dinosaurs come alive and they will destroy you," Glorfax said in a press release issued Thursday. Do you have a favourite exhibit that you'd like him to illusionate? Email Freddy Hott, the ROM's public relations coordinator with your request. The scarier the better! Oh yeah, he already said he was going to use the mummies to "revive the terror of ancient pharaohs" so all you little Egypt fans don't have to worry!

No comments:

Blog Directory by Blog Flux